Fertility, IVF and Pregnancy
Helping you be in the best health you can be
Starting a family is one of the most fundamental joys in life, but we realise that sometimes a little help is needed along the way. Accessing TCM can be an effective and supportive way to improve your fertility.
If you are preparing to conceive naturally, we can support you by:
- Balancing your fertility hormones and regulating your menstrual cycle
- Counteracting the effects of PCOS
- Increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs
- Reduce stress and anxiety around preparing to conceive
- Lowering scrotal temperature
- Increasing blood flow
- Improving sperm count, morphology and motility
Recent studies have shown that having acupuncture alongside assisted fertility treatments such as IVF and ICSI can enhance success rates and help reduce side effects of fertility medications. Going through ART (Assisted Reproductive Treatment) is a step by step process and can be an emotionally difficult time. We walk every step of the way with you and can support you through egg collection, pre and post embryo transfer and beyond.
It is best to start having regular acupuncture a few months before starting an IVF round in order to prepare your body and mind to enable your body to be at its best.
Having acupuncture throughout an IVF round can:
- Balance your fertility hormones and mange side effects of fertility medications
- Increase blood flow to the reproductive organs
- Settle stress and anxiety
- Encourage egg production and quality
- Enrich the womb for embryo implantation
Once you are pregnant, we can then support you all the way through your pregnancy keeping you in good health and helping with any pregnancy symptoms.